B.A. English LiteratureJune 23, 2021 2022-07-11 8:00
B.A. English Literature
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
VISIONTo become one of the leading departments by setting standards of academic excellence in innovative curriculum pedagogy, teaching, professional expertise, to envision contextual research and to promote International and Intercultural understanding in English Language, Communication and Training is concerned.
- Seek to foster knowledge, a love of literature and language in our students.
- Provide comprehensive English knowledge to students with a coherent curricular framework and relevant, well-structured course methodology. Initiate a variety of literary, analytical, pedagogical, and theoretical skills.
- Teach students to speak, read, write and listen effectively. Encourage students to think deeply and to reflect on what they have learned.
- Encourage a love of learning and an appreciation for a liberal education.
- Help them to communicate more effectively across borders and across cultures.
Syllabus for each year
Part I – General
Part II – General English, Communicative English
British Literature, Shakespeare, Indian Writing in English, Modern English Language & Usage, American Literature, Film and Literature, Regional Indian Literature in Translation, Post- Colonial Literature, Women’s Writing, Literary Theories, Translation Studies
Background to the Study of English Literature, Myth & Literature, Introduction to the Study of Language and Linguistics, Background to European and American Literature.
World Literature in Translation, Journalism, English Language Teaching, etc.,
Essentials of Language and Communication Level-1 & II, Essentials of Spoken and Presentation Skill- Level-I & II, Technical Writing and Presentation, Personality Enrichment Level-I & II.
Office Automation Lab
Professional English for Arts and Social Sciences